OK. The first thing you've probably noticed is that my blog background has changed.
The second is that I've written a new post. The one that you're reading now.
Ah. So you're expecting me to give some kind of comment or explanation for this.
The thing is, I have nothing to say about this. Absolutely nothing, so I hope you won't be shocked or horrified or anything of that sort. :)
Today we went to the Botanical Gardens. It was fun! Well, for the first time in my life I actually walked the whole area...... that is, not including the EcoGarden (with the lake) or the Evolution Garden.
I opened my sleepy eyes at about 7.30a.m. I officially woke up at 7.45a.m (I sort of didn't want to wake up :) ). It was cloudy. When we got there, it poured. Yeah, poured.
I was thinking that we were probably going to be seen as crazy people walking in stormy weather (forgive me for exaggerating a bit) when we turned into the visitor's centre. There we saw a whole bunch of people putting on their raincoats and getting ready to walk in the rain. I was surprised.
The walk turned out to be quite fun. We went to the National Orchid Garden. We saw so many beautiful orchids and I got excited and snapped many pictures. There was a Tan Hoon Siang mist house, sadly with no mist, but it exhibited many award-winning orchids that were amazing. There was also a cool house (quite cold but refreshing) where there were different types of pitcher plants. The signs told us to look out for the Venus Flytrap but I couldn't find it. Believe me, the pitcher plants were so camouflaged that it was a bit difficult to spot all of them. We also saw the Vanda Miss Joaquim.
Then we went to the Ginger Garden. There were gingers, all right, but it apparently wasn't the season for its flowers to bloom. :( I realized that bananas were a kind of ginger, and so were bird of paradise flowers.
The last place we went to was the Swan Lake, and the swans looked magnificent as usual. We also saw the Titan Arum, which was supposed to mature in November (the Titum Arum is the world's largest unbranched inflorescence). However, we had a hard time trying to figure out whether they had made a mistake and the flower hadn't bloomed yet or it had already bloomed and had closed up already. Oh well.
We were sad to find out that the food court was close and had to walk all the way back to the other side of the garden. >Sigh<.
I would like to post some pictures, but maybe next time. I feel like taking a nap right now.
Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment